The Orthodox Rostov Foundation (ORF) was set up in 2013 by Father Roman Krupnov, the Dean of the Rostov Cathedral. It has an extensive Russian language website which you can see here.
The Foundation was set up with the blessing of the head of the Russian Orthodox Church for the Yaroslavl region, Metropolitan Panteleimon, and the encouragement of the Governor’s office of the Yaroslavl region.
For reviving the former glory of Rostov farming and village life, the ORF carries the name of St. Leontius Bishop of Rostov (+1073).
The founder of the charity foundation is the Yaroslavl Diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church. The Chairman of the Board of Trustees is Panteleimon, Metropolitan of Yaroslavl and Rostov.
The mission of the Foundation is to create and develop agricultural Orthodox communities in ancient villages near Rostov the Great (Veliky), and to restore Orthodox churches.
The website of the ORF, which is only in Russian, features a comprehensive list of the approximately 45 village churches in the Rostov region which are in need of restoration, complete with parish history, saints for which the churches are named, architectural details, and photographs of the churches.
Of the 45 original churches, 2 have been renovated thus far, and two more are in the process of being renovated.
The renovations have been made possible by donations from the public.