The church was built by the order of the owners of the village Musyny-Pushkiny in 1707-1709 in place of the wooden church.
The church is consecrated by St. Dimitry of Rostov.
In 1803, the winter chapel was added. The church is made of stone, five-domed.
There are five thrones:
- In the name of St. Nicholas, Archbishop Myra of Lycia, the wonder-worker;
- In the name of the Prophet Elijah;
- In the name of the Archangel Michael and other Celestial Powerless bodies;
- In the name of the holy Rev. Alexander Svirsky;
- In the name of the Smolensk Icon of the Mother of God.
During the years of 1966-1976, there was an attempt to disassemble the church into bricks.