The church was built by the order of the owners of the village Musyny-Pushkiny in 1707-1709 in place of the wooden church.

The church is consecrated by St. Dimitry of Rostov.

In 1803, the winter chapel was added. The church is made of stone, five-domed.

There are five thrones:

  1. In the name of St. Nicholas, Archbishop Myra of Lycia, the wonder-worker;
  2. In the name of the Prophet Elijah;
  3. In the name of the Archangel Michael and other Celestial Powerless bodies;
  4. In the name of the holy Rev. Alexander Svirsky;
  5. In the name of the Smolensk Icon of the Mother of God.

During the years of 1966-1976, there was an attempt to disassemble the church into bricks.