The church was built in 1789 at the expense of the parishioners.
The church is made of stone, five-domed, with a tiered bell tower. In 1834, the southern side-chapel was added.
There are two thrones:
- In the name of St. Sergius, hegumen of Radonezh;
- In the name of the Smolensk Icon of the Mother of God.
There was a parochial school at the church.
The church was closed in 1939. In the Soviet period, the church housed a grain warehouse.
Here is how the church looks now after the restoration: